Course Schedule and Upcoming Batches
|Please call us to confirm the dates for new batches|
This course is open for Enrollment and Payment.
In case you want to Register now and take up this course later, you can register by clicking on " Register" section.
If you have any query, you can call/mail or send your query by clicking on " Send a Query" section.
About the Course
This course is designed to give a learner the Advanced level knowledge on Business Intelligence. Here by "BI" we mean the systems which are mostly to deal with front-end or information delivery systems; for example reporting systems, dashboard, visualization and other mediums which carry the information to end users. This course will help learners to gain knowledge on how to create Architecture and Design for world class BI systems.
Most of the training courses in market are focused on BI tools now days; tools are no doubt necessary to start a career but the next logical step should be to grow as an Architect or a Designer. This training is focused on BI Architecture & Design and uncovers best industry practices, knowledge and processes around them.
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain understanding of all Business Intelligence concepts.
- Learn about Business Intelligence components.
- Learn about Business Intelligence environment.
- Gain a good understanding of Business Intelligence Architecture and its components.
- Learn about end to end system flow of BI systems.
- Learn about User Management and BI Resource Management.
- Learn about Security, Publishing, Scheduling and Content Management.
- Learn about BI Design components and how to create a BI Design.
- Learn details about BI Quality Management and BI Testing processes.
- Learn advanced topics like Data Governance,Data Profiling, Data Quality,Metadata, Tool Selection etc
- Learn about BI Success and Risk factors, BI Roadmap, BI Organization Structures , BI Roles and responsibilities.
- Get a one on one guidance from us regarding the career.
- Get a customized career roadmap.
Why is it the right course for you?
If you aspire to become a world class Architect ,Project Manager or Designer in Business Intelligence space then this is the right course for you. This course will help you equip with an overall understanding of Business Intelligence Architecture. This will enable you to start taking complex assignments in Business Intelligence space.
You need to be familiar with Business Intelligence domain. You need to have a basic understanding of Database concepts. Experience in Business Intelligence is desirable but not necessary.
Section A : Introduction
1) Introduction to Business Intelligence
- What is BI?
- Definitions of BI
- Dresner's definition
- Loshin's definition
- Well's definitions
- Rud's definitions
- Why BI?
- BI usage in various industry
- Business Intelligence Value?
2) BI Components
Four components of Business Intelligence.
3) Data to Plan Cycle
How the Data is first converted to Information and then to Plans through Business Intelligence cycles.
4) Questions of Business Intelligence
We will discuss about the six most important question of Business Intelligence or any Information Management application.
5) What is the difference between Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Analytics and Big Data
In this module you will get a clear idea about the distinctions between BI, Data Warehousing, Analytics and Big Data and learn how these Data Science technologies co-exists together.
6) Framework of Business Intelligence and Data Science Study
In this module you will learn about various discipline of data sciences and how are they interlinked together. You will also learn about various learning and job related opportunities and how can you transition yourself for next generation roles.
Section B : Building Blocks of BI
- Corporate data
- Data quality
- Data standards
- Data Components
- Data Architecture
- Data Model
- Build or buy Data Model?
2) Business Intelligence Environment
- Aspects of a Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform and Strategy
- Fundamentals and Requirements
- Business Intelligence Architecture and Design
- Data Preparation
- Data Integration
- Business Intelligence Platforms
- Delivery and Presentation
- The Organizational Business Intelligence Framework
- Business Process Modeling and Analytic Needs Assessment
- Metadata Management
- Data Modeling
- Data Profiling
- Data Quality
- Business Rules
- Database Management System
- Data Integration
- Analytical Platforms
- Canned Reporting
- Dimensional Analysis
- Ad Hoc/Self-Service
- Text Analysis
- Predictive Analytics
- Dashboards and other Visualization Techniques
- System/Network Management
- Data Security
Section C : Architecture
1) Business Architecture
- Business Rules
- Business Information
2) Organization Architecture
- People- roles, skills
- Action- Goals, Results, RACI
- Information flow- Decision, execution,communication
- Structure- Reporting structure, dependencies
3) Data Architecture
4) BI Architecture Views
- From IT Infrastructure Perspective
- From Data Flow Perspective
- From Business Usage Perspective
- From BI Application Development Perspective
5) BI Deliverables
- KPI (Key Performance Indicator)
6) Carriers of BI deliverables
- Production reports
- Standard Reports
- Adhoc Reports
- Adhoc Queries
- Score card
- Balanced Scorecard
- Query web services
- Data feeds
7) Delivery Mechanism
8) What can you do with these deliverables
- Parametric query (on reports)
- Navigation (on BI portal)
- Drill Down
- Drill Up
- Drill across
- Drill Through
- Performance management
- Business Process Management
- Knowledge Management
9) User Organization and Security
- User Types
- User Hierarchy
- Mapping Third party accounts
- Delegated administration
- Selective content delivery
- Vertical data security
- Horizontal data security
10) Content management plans
13) Application Security
Section D : BI Design and Development
1) Types of development models
2) Designing BI Systems
- BI Design flow
- High level plan as per the requirement
- Tool selection
- Guidelines and Checklists
- Detailed Plan
- Architecture design
- Data design
- Detailed design specifications
- Development environments
- Development steps
- Reviews and Quality
3) BI Testing in Detail
- What is a Datawarehousing & BI testing, How is it different from a general software testing?
- Test Flow and Test Categories
- Test Plans & Test Cases
- Validating Source to Target Mapping
- Validation of BI/ DWH Architecture
- Test Data Preparation
- Extraction Testing
- Transformation Testing
- Loading Testing
- End User Browsing and OLAP Testing
- Ad-hoc Query Testing
- Unit Testing
- System Integration testing
- Performance Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Down Stream Flow Testing
- Stress and volume Testing
- Full Production Simulation
- Black,White & Grey Box Testing
- Boundary Testing
- Negative Testing
Section E: BI Essentials
1) Data Governance
2) Data Quality
3) Data Profiling
5) Business Rules
6) Business and IT Collaboration
7) Tool Selection
8) BI Roadmap
9) BI Success and Risk Factors
10) BI Organization structure
11) Career Roadmap for a BI professional
Section F: Roles and responsibilities
- Senior expertise
- Project sponsor
- Business executive sponsor
- IT executive sponsor
- Data Steward
- Steering committee
- Project manager
- DW Architect
- Data Modelers
- Business Analyst
- Subject Matter expert
- ETL programmer
- BI Programmer
- Big Data programmer
- Analytics experts
Online Classes : 20 HoursThere will be ten instructor led interactive online classes during the course. Each class will be of approximately two hours. If you miss a class then you can reschedule it in a different batch or you can also access Class video recordings anytime.
Assignment Work : 20 Hours
Assignments will be given to learners to be completed during the course duration.
Course Work : 40 Hours
Study material of 40 hours or more will be given as a course work to be completed.
Exam : 1 Hour
A proctored exam of 1 hour will be conducted for final assessment.
Live Instructor Led classes from Industry Experts. Option to choose from Online or Classroom Lectures. Case studies from real life projects.
Research team works hard to bring out the latest innovations and best practices of course subjects. Courses are evolving continuously; they never get stale.
Be More Productive
Get work related tips and perform your work more efficiently. Once you know the tricks of trade, you become more productive.
Classes are conducted by Industry Experts. Learners gain from world class curriculum and extensive experiences of Trainers as well.
Have you missed a class? Don't worry !!, You can watch the class videos or you can also request for a reschedule. We will invite you for next class for Free.
Learners get unlimited access to online and offline materials. Don't worry if you miss any class, we will be providing you a repeat class online or offline.
Learners are encouraged to ask online and offline questions. Our team of Trainers makes it a priority to answer these questions.
If you are not satisfied with the quality then take full refund within the seven days of first class. No questions will be asked.
Learner's resume is reviewed and a one-to-one discussion is arranged with an expert to advice on career roadmap and job opportunities. For details, visit Career Centre
Certificate of Participation
A certificate of participation will be awarded after participating in the training program. The name of certificate is "BIWHIZ CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION ON BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE".
Certification after Completion
A certification will be issued after assessment of assignments, course work requirements, projects and a written test as per the course curriculum. After successfully completing all the requirements and passing the written test, a certification will be issued. The name of the certification is "BIWHIZ CERTIFICATION ON BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE".
Certificate Issuing Authority
BIWHIZ is part of the company "Business Intelligence Consultant and Services LLP". Certificates are issued by "Business Intelligence Consultant and Services LLP". This is a registered company with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
Sample Exam Questions
This sample is only for illustrative purpose and only basic level questions are displayed here. Actual exam questions may be completely different with different format as well. Please contact your coordinator to know more about prevailing exam format.
What is BI?
- A Technology
- A Process
- Set of Tools
- Decision support system
Which is not a BI tool?
- Microsoft XLS
BI Development model?
- Top Down
- Bottom Up
- Hub & Spoke
Which is not an OLAP?
What is a BI deliverable?
- All of above
What is not a delivery mechanism?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to have an experience in BI before starting this course?
It is not necessary that you should have a prior experience, however we recommend that you should be aware of BI domain. You can also take up Beginner's course before starting on Advanced course.
I am already working in BI for long time and I have a good command on BI Tools, I think I do not need to take up this course?
If you think that you can work on Design and Architecture parts of BI and have good experience and knowledge on those then you can skip this course, however if you have good knowledge on coding and BI tools but still not doing design then you can enroll for this course to get knowledge on Design and Architecture skills.
Why Certification is included in the course?
This is to make sure that a learner has understood the course content and BIWHIZ has verified the knowledge level of the Learner. Certification is the proof that you have achieved a certain level of expertise on course and any authorized organization can verify that with us.
What if I am not able to clear the Certification exam in first attempt?
You can take extra attempts for free.
What is the learning support and would it be available after completing the course as well?
You can raise your queries and doubts during and post training period. All queries will be resolved by BI experts.
Do you help in career related issues as well, like reviewing resume, mentoring for my career growth?
Yes, we have a panel of BI experts who will guide and mentor you; please check Career Centre for more details.
I heard that BI is dying and Big data is going to replace all BI technologies very soon, why should I still learn BI?
It is a myth that Big Data will kill all existing BI technologies. All these technologies are going to co-exist together as there are specific use cases for each of these technologies. Slowly all BI tools will start incorporating access to Big Data as well. In case you are interested only for Big Data or Analytics, we run those courses too.
Will you sell my data to Recruitment/marketing companies or will you use it for Recruitment or any other activities not related with Training?
Please register for this course here. Even if you are not ready to Enrol now, you can register now and get an intimation about our next batch whenever it is starting.