Course Schedule and Upcoming Batches
Please take a note of the Upcoming batch schedules. Mode of course delivery is Classroom sessions.
|Enroll now. Limited seats|
*From 1-April-2015, Service Tax is increasing, it will be 14% or more, final figure is awaited.
*Classroom location is Bangalore.
This course is open for Enrollment and Payment.
In case you want to Register now and take up this course later, you can register by clicking on " Register" section.
If you have any query, you can call/mail or send your query by clicking on " Send a Query" section.
About the Course
This course is designed to give you complete knowledge and practical hands-on with QlikView products. QlikView is one of the leading Business Intelligence product with award winning Reporting, ETL and Dashboarding capabilities. QlikView helps in creating great BI applications and dashboards in less time but without compromising on any required feature or facility for an enterprise Business Intelligence application.
This course is designed and taught by Industry experts who have more than 10 years of experience in QlikView and other BI and Datawarehousing tools.
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn what is Business Intelligence and Datawarehousing.
- Learn what is QlikView and gain an understanding about QlikView products and Architecture.
- Learn QlikView Desktop and know how to setup a Project and create an reporting application.
- Learn how to connect QlikView to different types of Data Sources .
- Learn about QlikView Data Models
- Learn Advanced Data Loading with QlikView
- Learn Advanced Design techniques with QlikView
- Learn how to create and setup a QlikView Dashboard
- Learn how to write Scripts in QlikView
- Learn writing Advanced Expressions in QlikView.
- Learn some of the Advanced QlikView features like Set Analysis and Point In Time Reporting
- Learn QlikView Trigger
- Learn Some of the Optimization techniques for QlikView
- Learn QlikView Data Transformations
- Learn how to manage Security in QlikView.
- Get an introduction QlikView Administration
- Get an introduction of QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher.
- Work on an end to end Business Intelligence project using QlikView tools
- Some advanced topics like QlikView Best Practices and Interview prepration etc.
Why is it the right course for you?
If you aspire to become a Business Intelligence professional then this is the right course for you as QlikView is one of the most popular BI/ETL tool as of today. This course will give a complete understanding of Business Intelligence application and how to build it by using tools like QlikView.
It is a general understanding in IT industry that if you are comfortable with one BI and ETL tool then you can work on any other BI/ETL tool, so if in case there is a requirement for other tools like Informatica, BusinessObjects, Datastage etc, you would be considered for those opening too as you would have a fair understanding of BI applications.
This course is beneficial for Software Professionals, Business Intelligence/Analytics/ETL developers, Managers, Quality Assurance Professionals and fresh graduates who are looking for their first job.
Basic level of SQL knowledge is good to have, but not mandatory.
1) Datawarehousing , Business Intelligence and SQL Concepts
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Concepts.
- What is a Data Warehouse, why is it critical for big organizations and what are the major Architectures.
- What are the components of Datawarehouses.
- What is Business Intelligence, what are the major architectures and what are the components of Business Intelligence.
- RDBMS and SQL Basics
- SQL hands-on
2) QlikView Overview
- Qlikview Introduction
- Qlikview capabilities and features
- Qlikview Architecture
- In-Memory Associative Technology
- Difference between Server and Publisher
- Qlikview Platform Overview
- Products Overview, Qlikview Desktop, Server, Publisher and Dashboard
- How QlikView is different from other BI tools and the benefit of using QlikView
3) QlikView Desktop Developer
- Installing QlikView
- Data Exploration with QlikView
- Data Flow in QlikView
- Setup a QlikView Project and create a reporting application
4) Working with different types of Data Sources
- How to load Data from different sources
- How to extract data using the built-in wizard
- Script Editor
- What QVD and QVX files are
- Using ODBC and OLE DB drivers
- Loading data to Qlikview using Excel files
- Specifying File attributes
- Loading an inline table
- Relative paths
- Reload, Partial load
- Creating and working with QVD/QVX files
- Data Model, Script Editor and Table Viewer
- LAB on Data extraction and load MS Access
5) QlikView Data Models
- Data Model general guidelines - Data Model, Dimensional Model, Star Schema, Snowflake etc.
- Data Model for QlikView
- Associative Data Models
- Guidelines for Table Association
- Creating Composite Keys
- Resolving Circular References
6) Advanced Data Loading with QlikView
- Load Statements (Inline & Binary Loads)
- Joining Tables
- Table Concatenation
- Synthetic Keys & Tables
- Cross Table
- Mapping Loads
- Apply Map Method
- Interval Match
- Aggregation Functions
- Set and Let Statements
7) QlikView Desktop Designer
- Setup the Workspace
- Sheet and Sheet Objects
- Propagating the object appearance
- Setting the default Sheet Object Style
- Layout Design
- Working with List Box
- Working with Table Box
- Current selections Box
- Adding a Bookmark Object
- Creating Links and removing unwanted links
- Expressions and Dimensions
- Editing Expressions
- Set Analysis
- Straight and Pivot Tables
8) QlikView Dashboards
- Building Dashboards
- Creating Analysis sheet
- Creating Dashboard sheet
- Creating Report sheet
- Working with Variables
- Add a chart
- Bar Charts
- Pie, Block and Funnel Charts
- Line Charts
- Combo Charts
- Mini Charts
- Radar Chart
- Mekko Chart
- Grid Chart
- Trellis Charts
- Scatter Chart
- Text, line, Button and Action Objects
- Search and Statistics Objects
- Dynamic Text
- Linked Objects
9) Writing Scripts in QlikView
- Script Editor
- Script Statements
- Manipulating Tables
- Setting Variables
- Controlling Script Flow
- Conditional Functions
- Dealing with different data types
- Debugging scripts
- Standardizing and organizing script
- Re-using scripts
10) QlikView Advanced Expressions
- Using variables
- Creating a variable
- Using variables in charts
- Interactively changing a variable's value
- Using the Input Box object
- Using the Slider object
- Using variables based on expressions
- Using variables to store expressions
- Variable naming convention
- Using the TOTAL qualifier
- The Aggr function
- Using Aggr for nested aggregation
- Conditional functions
- The If function
- Numeric versus text comparisons
- The Class function
- The Pick function
- Using Pick with Dimensionality
11) QlikView Advanced Features
- Set Analysis and Point In Time Reporting
- The magic of Set Analysis
- Syntax and examples
- Using variables in set expressions
- Dynamic record sets
- Set operators
- Using element functions
- Point In Time Reporting
- Defining the set modifiers
- Obtaining the base period record set
- Obtaining the compare-to period record set
- Constructing the expressions
- Enabling additional period comparisons
- Storing set expressions into variables
- Set expressions with parameters
- Portable set expressions
- A comparative analysis example
- Combining alternate states and the default state
- Applying alternate states to layout objects
- Document navigation with alternate states
12) QlikView Trigger
- Document triggers
- Sheet triggers
- Advanced search expressions
- Dynamic bookmarks
- Conditionally showing and calculating objects
13) QlikView Optimization
- Data Modeling best practices
- Data consistency
- Reducing storage requirements
- Concatenating fact tables
- Working with link tables
14) Data Transformation with QlikView
- Data Transformation
- Cleansing a dirty table
- Loading a crosstable
- Hierarchy Transformation
- Generic table load
15) Advanced Data Transformation
- Data Architecture
- Loading data which is already available in QlikView
- Aggregating data
- Sorting Data
- Peek function
- Dealing with slowly changing dimensions
- Incremental loads
16) Security in QlikView
- Hidden script
- Section access
- Section access fields
- Reduction fields
- Initial data reduction
- Omitting fields
- Document-level security
- Sheet-level security
17) QlikView Administration
- QMC Introduction and Overview
- Managing Folders
- Creating Tasks
- Scheduling Tasks
- Adding Users to Documents
18) QlikView Server and Publisher
- Introduction to QlikView Server
- Introduction to QlikView Publisher
19) Qlikview Project
- An end to end Business Intelligence project using QlikView tools
20) Advanced Topics
- QlikView Best Practices
- Qlikview Interview preparation for beginners and freshers
- How to gear up for this BI world
Online Instructor Led Classes OR Classroom Sessions: 32 HoursThere will be eight instructor led interactive online classes or Classroom sessions depending on the learning mode. Each class will be of approximately four hours. If you miss a class then you can reschedule it in a different batch or you can also access class video recordings anytime.
Lab Work : 40 Hours
There will be lab exercises for 40 hours. These labs exercises will be guided by our expert faculty.
Project Work : 30 Hours
Project works need to be carried out during the course.
Course Work : 40 Hours
Study material (E books) of 40 hours or more will be given as a course work to be completed.
Exam : 1 Hour
A proctored exam of 1 hour will be conducted for final assessment.
QlikView Course Features
- 8 Days classes (Classroom or Online)
- 40 Hrs of Lab Exercises
- 30 Hrs of Real Time Industry based Projects
- 40 Hrs of High Quality e-Learning content
- Life time access to BIWHIZ Support for any QlikView query
- Anytime doubt clarification policy
- Advanced modules like Security, Trigger etc
- Quizzes in each class
- Life time access to video lectures
- End to end knowledge on BI and Datawarehousing
Live Instructor Led classes from Industry Experts. Option to choose from Online or Classroom Lectures. Case studies from real life projects.
Research team works hard to bring out the latest innovations and best practices of course subjects. Courses are evolving continuously; they never get stale.
Be More Productive
Get work related tips and perform your work more efficiently. Once you know the tricks of trade, you become more productive.
Classes are conducted by Industry Experts. Learners gain from world class curriculum and extensive experiences of Trainers as well.
Award of PDUs
We award you 45 PDUs which can be used towards PMI certifications' requirements. It is completely free but you need to raise a separate request for it.
Learners get unlimited access to online and offline materials. Don't worry if you miss any class, we will be providing you a repeat class online or offline.
Learners are encouraged to ask online and offline questions. Our team of Trainers makes it a priority to answer these questions.
If you are not satisfied with the quality then take full refund within the seven days of first class. No questions will be asked.
Have you missed a class? Don't worry !!, You can watch the class videos or you can also request for a reschedule. We will invite you for next class for Free.
Learner's resume is reviewed and a one-to-one discussion is arranged with an expert to advice on career roadmap and job opportunities. For details, visit Career Centre
Certificate of Participation
A certificate of participation will be awarded after participating in the training program. The name of certificate is "BIWHIZ CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION ON QLIKVIEW".
Certification after Completion
A certification will be issued after assessment of assignments, course work requirements, projects and a written test as per the course curriculum. After successfully completing all the requirements and passing the written test, a certification will be issued. The name of the certification is "BIWHIZ CERTIFICATION ON QLIKVIEW".
Certificate Issuing Authority
BIWHIZ is part of the company "Business Intelligence Consultant and Services LLP". Certificates are issued by "Business Intelligence Consultant and Services LLP". This is a registered company with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
Please register for this course here. Even if you are not ready to Enroll now, you can register now and get an intimation about our next batch whenever it is starting.